Services Available at Charles B. Wang Community Health Center
We offer comprehensive hepatitis B care, which includes:
Be Certain. Get Tested.
- Monitoring visits;
- Care coordination;
- Discounted fees for our services based on your family size and income for uninsured patients;
- Assistance for eligible patients to apply for free/low cost hepatitis B medication and affordable liver cancer screening. No one will be denied services based on ability to pay.
Hepatitis B does not have noticeable symptoms, and the only way to know if you have hepatitis B is to do a blood test.
Our health center provides free hepatitis B screening and vaccinations!
To access these services, please call us at (646)276-6142 (Chinatown, Manhattan) or (718)661-6368 (Flushing, Queens).
Hepatitis B is a virus that infects your liver and can cause life-threatening liver diseases. Approximately 1 in 12 Asian Americans has hepatitis B, and as many as 2 in 3 people do not know they have it because there are no visible symptoms.
Who should be tested?
- People born in Asia, Africa, and other regions with moderate to high rates of hepatitis B;
- All pregnant women;
- Infants born to mothers with hepatitis B;
- Unvaccinated people whose parents are from regions with high rates of hepatitis B;
- Anyone having sex with a person infected with hepatitis B;
- People who live with someone with hepatitis B;
- Men who have sexual encounters with other men;
- People who inject drugs;
- People with HIV infection;
- Donors of blood, plasma, organs, tissue, or semen;
- People on hemodialysis;
- People who receive chemotherapy or other types of immunosuppressive therapy.
Hepatitis B Resources
“The Test” Comic Book – Hepatitis B Stories
Development of this material is made possible with a grant by Miranda Wong Tang.
Hepatitis B Screening and Treatment Tracker
If You Have Hepatitis B, Protect Your Baby Roadmap Chart
Protecting Your Baby from Hepatitis B – What Pregnant Women Need to Know